Homework Policy Rationale
Homework is an integral and important part of learning for pupils at
Trinity Catholic College. It enhances pupil learning, improves achievement and develops pupils’ study skills and as such is an integral part of the curriculum.
It requires careful planning and integration into the scheme of work of each curriculum area.
Our aims are:
- To raise the profile of homework and improve pupil and parental engagement,
- To link homework to core subject knowledge,
- To encourage pupils to develop the skills, confidence, motivation and self-discipline needed to study effectively as independent and life-long learners
- To consolidate, reinforce and extend what pupils know, understand and can do at school
- To help pupils embed working knowledge to long term memory,
- To help staff identify misconceptions and areas of development and differentiate their planning to fit the needs of individuals.
- Extend school learning: not all learning takes place at school
- Help pupils to get to grips with managing particular demands, such as GCSE coursework